Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My first blog post!

Welcome to Rae Matthews Photography blog! I am attempting to do this for the first time, so we will see how it turns out! I am wanting to create this blog for 3 reasons. 1. So you can follow my work.  2. So you can get to know me a little better!  3. And so I can show off my beautiful children!

It is summer now, which has given me some extra time to play around a little bit. I have had several photo shoots, and will share their pictures soon! I am a teacher, so it is nice being able to focus strictly on photography this summer. Although I'm sure soon I will be ready to go back to work, as my kids (and husband) will start to drive me crazy! HA!

A little about me...I grew up in Spring, TX and went to Klein Oak HS. I then went on to Lamar University where I got my Bachelors in Education and also played 4 years of volleyball. I met my husband Eric there and we now have 2 precious children, Parker who is 7 and Emma who is 5. Parker will be entering 2nd grade in the fall and Emma will be starting kindergarten. We are coming up on our 10 year anniversary, and I am quite sure my husband has a big surprise trip planned....ok....probably not!
I have been interested in photography since Parker was born. I took tons of pictures of him, and of course Emma too when she came along. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I decided to act on my interest. Thanks to a great friend, Stephanie, who has helped me SO much! Without her, I wouldn't be where I am today. And to Sheryl, a friend and photographer who started at the same time as me...it has been fun learning together!
And my full time job, I teach elementary PE and enjoy all of the elementary aged kiddo's. And it is awesome getting to be at the same school as my 2 children. And they think it's pretty cool too...for now at least!
So, enough about me! Stay tuned and keep checking back for pictures to view! I appreciate all of your support as I continue to learn and grow in my photography business!

No comments:

Post a Comment